I remember back to when I was learning programming for the first time. I thought every variable should be
z, tried to do everything without functions, and the concept of recursion melted my face off. (Honestly merge sort still melts my face off 🤯)
So for this episode we tried to explain all the concepts we could think of starting off with variables and work our way up in complexity. We don't nail each thing 100% but I think we did OK!
If you like this episode, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you like the show, please subscribe!
- 1:20 - Intro: why explain the basics?
- 2:50 - Variables
- 3:30 - Primitives
- 4:11 - Data Structures
- 5:41 - Functions
- 6:20 - Pure Functions and Side Effects
- 8:06 - Methods
- 8:22 - Loops
- 10:37 - Object Oriented Programming
14:39 - Functional Programming
- What is functional programming? - Article
- 16:58 - Recursion
- 18:45 - Types
- 22:48 -
- 25:14 -
- 26:35 - Garbage collection
28:24 - VanillaJS
- 31:41 - Closures 😱
- 34:11 - Promises, Callbacks, synchronous v asynchronous
37:39 - AJAX
- Lee did a talk on the history of the web! - YouTube
- 38:30 - What is an API?
- 40:16 - Backend, front-end, and DevOps
- 45:06 - What is QA?
- 47:16 - Testing 😱🙀
- 50:13 - Test-Driven Development
51:10 - Nerd Minute! (Phew, we made it!)
- Stranger Things Season 3
- Mob Psycho 100 Season 2
- Rising of the Sheild Hero
- Street Fighter V
- Marvel Vs Capcom 3
- DragonBall Fighter Z