Breaking into the Tech Industry Part Five
We're continuing our breaking into tech series this week with a discussion on attitude.
There's quite a lot of salty junior developers out there--And for good reason! But this week we want to talk about how your bad attitude/outlook on life can poison your job search efforts and sabotage your chances of getting hired.
- 1:01 - Intro
- 2:54 - Salty Devs and Tech Twitter
- 3:58 - Rejection during the job search
- 5:29 - What you sound like when you sound off on social media
- 6:36 - Bootcamp reality vs marketing
- 9:42 - Interviewing someone with a bad attitude
- 11:28 - Why bad attitudes ruin interviews
- 11:54 - Bootcamps and Colleges aren't perfect, but when you complain publicly, you look bad
- 13:57 - Likeability in interviews
- 17:07 - The effects of COVID on the job search
- 18:32 - Think twice about sounding off on social media
- 19:41 - The two ways your attitude affects your job prospects
- 20:47 - Positivity and an abundance mindset
- 23:24 - How to stay positive
- 23:59 - Bootcamps and Realistic Expectations
- 28:34 - "Get off your ass and go knock on doors"
30:34 - Nerd Minute
- My Hero Academia
- Doom Patrol
- Akame ga Kill