Without SEO, your website is like painting a masterpiece and hanging it in your broom closet
Websites aren't worth much without getting actual traffic! But how do you gain traffic?
Well, you could rank on google and get traffic, but in order to rank on google you need... web traffic!
Seems like a bit of a catch-22...
There's a better way!
You can start by optimizing your site for google, including metatags and proper structured content, and some other easy strategies that will get your site ready for search engines. You're still going to need to generate some traffic, but once you start getting visitors, things will take off eventually!
Roy Jossfolk returns this week to walk us through how to do just that with our websites. Roy is a freelance web developer and marketing strategist that has worked with many diverse clients to not only build sites, but drive traffic to them.
- 1:03 - Welcome/intro
- 1:34 - Roy's intro
- 2:43 - Roy’s previous episode
- 2:48 - What is SEO
- 4:32 - More than just building a website/ benefits of SEO
- 7:10 - SEO adding monetary value to your skills
- 9:43 - How SEO works
- 11:13 - SEO Basics
- 14:46 - Accessibility and SEO
- 16:05 - Meta tags
- 19:38 - H1 tags
- 21:34 - Semantic HTML
- 22:34 - Page speed
- 23:39 - Tips for making your site faster
- 25:54 - Having to manage 3rd party integrations
- 30:02 - Content
- 33:53 - New content
- 34:33 - How often should you publish content
- 38:28 - SEO off site
- 41:44 - Important parts of SEO and freelance
- 44:54 - Writing a blog
47:33 - Tools to evaluate a site for SEO
- 52:05 - Tools
- 53:55 - Testing Techjr.dev
- 57:58 - Junior Devs and SEO
- 1:00:33 - Roy’s SEO site
- 1:01:43 - Nerd min
- 1:01:57 - Watching old Alabama football games
- 1:03:10 - New puppy
- 1:04:28 - Resume and looking for a job/making content
- 1:07:36 - Bloodshot movie
- 1:10:30 - 1917 movie
- 1:13:47 - Outro