Florida Summers are 🔥🔥🔥
We love A/C down here, because it makes our state habitable 10 months out of the year. The combination of sunshine and humidity is hard to cope with without it.
Now picture yourself in a garage in that heat with no A/C. It's muggy, your shirt is sticking to your back, and the only sound you hear is the hum of cicadas outside constantly reminding you of the Summer heat.
You've got no money, no job, and the empty home you're in is not your own. What do you do?
Chris Arter learned to code in a garage like that.
This week we listen to Chris' amazing story of learning to code during the great recession and how he turned his life around.
- 1:10 - Chris Arter intro
- 2:09 - What happened to Webmaster?
- 4:45 - Chris’s journey into development
- 5:12 - Home school
- 6:18 - Going to school for law
- 8:09 - The Recession
- 9:44 - Living in a garage
- 15:32 - Learning to code in the garage
- 17:15 - Going back to coding
- 18:38 - Building sites for the band
- 20:08 - Out of the garage
- 21:48 - Aircraft mechanic
23:10 - Stockholm
- Stockholm Band - Video
- 24:29 - APUs
- 26:50 - Laravel
- 29:47 - What is MVVM
- 34:13 - Opinionated vs un-opinionated
- 36:39 - Working at a startup (TAG Aero)
- 41:18 - Leaving to become a fulltime dev
- 47:22 - First day
- 52:25 - Learning quickly
- 54:28 - 80 20 rule
- 1:00:00 - Approach for learning the 20%
- 1:01:58 - Quantity over quality
- 1:07:39 - Project ideas
- 1:10:39 - Nerd Minute
- 1:10:51 - Detroit Become Human
- 1:15:08 - Diablo
- 1:17:05 - Kengan Ashura
- 1:20:36 - Legion
- 1:23:02 - Jack Ryan
- 1:29:41 - Bye!
- 1:30:16 - Outro