Happy One Year Dev-versary!
Eddie and I started as developers in September 2018, and we've learned a whole lot in that first year.
We've also still got a ton of stuff we want to learn and thought we'd have a handle on by now.
What advice would we give ourselves if we could go back in time?
What surprised us the most about the reality of being a developer?
Join us this week and find out!
1:33 - What have we learned?
- Nobody knows everything
8:44 - Things that surprised us and subverted our expectations
- Everything is a discussion
- meetings, meetings, email, meetings
11:16 - New skills we've acquired
- Angular, Vue
18:58 - What do we still not know?
- TypeScript 🙃
- Design Patterns
- Data Structures and Algorithms
24:25 - Any advice for your past self?
- Don't take the job too seriously
- 30:35 - Testing Philosophy
35:18 - What surprises you about what you're doing now?
- Giving talks
- This podcast
- 38:42 - Why you should give a talk!
42:22 - Using Angular, Vue, and React
- Plus a healthy dose of Lee complaining about Angular
- 45:39 - We're still bad at Git
50:43 - Nerd Minute
- The Magicians
- The Expanse
Anime + Western Animation
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
- Batman Hush
- Seis Manos
- Wolfenstein: The New Order
- Devil May Cry Series