Do you know the little paper crinkling sound your mac emits when you empty your trash bin? Isn't that awesome?
We talk to Jenell Pizarro about how you can bring some of that magic to your applications, as well as animations and design for developers.
Jenell also does a lot of work for the Orlando community, so we talk about that and how she got her start as a developer.
- 1:45 - How Jenell got into coding
- 6:34 - Mac v PC
9:08 - Jenell's first Job
- Orlando Lady Devs
- 17:30 - Getting involved in the local Dev Community
19:57 - What is Orlando Developers?
- ODevs - Site
- 23:46 - UX Micro Interactions
- 25:09 - Why worry about Micro Interactions?
- 26:16 - How you can start making Micro Interactions
27:49 - Wait, Eddie hates gradients?
- Gradient Hover Example - CodePen
31:19 - Color Theory
- Color tool - coolors.co
- 33:45 - Design is tough
- 36:33 - "Make it pretty"
- 38:38 - "It's OK to get fired"
- 41:16 - Jenell on becoming a team lead
- 44:54 - Not knowing all the answers as the team lead
- 46:34 - Tools for CSS Micro Interactions
- 47:30 - Firefox Dev Tools
- 52:05 - Animations in React
- 54:03 - Animating Page Transitions
59:35 - Triggering Animations
- CSS State Machines
1:01:19 - Nerd Minute!
- Mindhunter on Netflix
- Kimetsu no Yaiba
- Mysterium Board Game
- External Trackpads?
- Find Jenell at @nellarro on all the things