LinkedIn and Indeed are a bit of a mystery.
You fill out your profile and fire off some applications, sit back, and wait.
But at the same time, other developers out there tell stories of how recruiters won't leave them alone. How come those other people get all this attention, but you can't get eyeballs on your resume or profile?
Vincent Tang has some answers. While looking for a job recently as a junior developer, Vincent was able to optimize his Indeed and LinkedIn profiles so that he was getting calls from Google and Amazon to apply, even though he has 0 industry experience!
The best part? Vincent's methods are easy enough that you can do the same thing and get the same results.
We also talk about anime at the end. Hey, gotta have Nerd Minute.
2:00 - Vincent's intro
- Vincent's Background
- How long his search lasted
7:53 - What kinds of Jobs Vincent applied to
- Vincent's Skillset
- 10:50 - How Vincent prepared his portfolio and resume
- 15:09 - The LinkedIn algorithm
- 18:04 - Getting Google and Amazon's attention
- 19:26 - What to put on your profile
- 21:44 - Getting Traffic on your LinkedIn profile
- 22:52 - How Indeed works
- 24:04 - Viewing your LinkedIn metadata
- 25:16 - Standing out when applying through Indeed
- 32:59 - Negotiating Salary
- 39:35 - Interview processes across companies
- 41:16 - Getting whiteboarded 😱
- 44:10 - Take-home tests
- 46:06 - Answering Screening Questions
- 49:45 - Leveraging the Tech Community
51:04 - Nerd Minute!
- Cowboy Bebop - CrunchyRoll
- One Piece - CrunchyRoll