What the heck is Gatsby? A React Framework? A static-site generator?
OK, but, what is that?
Amberley Romo joins us to break down the complexity and explain why you should give Gatsby a shot!
Amberley also tells us her story of getting into development and how she came to work on the Gatsby team. We dive into why learning Gatsby is so great and also how powerful the platform is for making performant and optimized sites.
We also touch on Tech's diversity problem and why we need to do better by Junior Developers as an industry.
PS: Amberley has her own podcast now called Fullstack Health!
- 1:20 - Amberley's Story
- 7:49 - Learning React
- 12:32 - Getting that first Dev Job
- 15:44 - Joining Gatsby
21:08 - Writing Documentation and why Docs are important
- Gatsby's Awesome Tutorial
24:49 - Rewarding and Welcoming Contributions as an Open Source Project
- Contribute to Gatsby, Get Swag!- Link
28:35 - What the heck is JAMStack?
- "What's your JAM(stack)?" - YouTube
- 31:04 - What is Gatsby?
34:25 - Performance Optimizations in Gatsby
- "Making Modern Web Performance Accessible" - YouTube
- 36:53 - Valuing Developer Experience and Welcoming New Developers to Gatsby
- 40:41 - Why we need to do better by Junior Developers
- 44:41 - The Challenge of Diversity in Tech
- 51:34 - Being a role model for other Women in Tech
- 53:51 - Overcoming anxiety before giving a conference talk
1:02:10 - Why even hire junior devs?
- "The cultural push to hire junior software developers" - Article
1:11:33 - Nerd Minute!