We got Scott Tolinski on the show!
Scott agreed to come on the show and answer all our questions about web development, kung-fu movies, breakdancing, and a few other things. We were a little nervous having someone like Scott for our first interview episode, but it turned out pretty well I think!
PS: We're now up on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Google podcasts, Google Play, and Spotify. Click the links under our site logo to subscribe and, if you're feeling generous, leave a review!
- 1:00 - React Native
- 5:30 - Daily Rituals
- 11:00 - Getting Acclimated to being on Camera
- 14:30 - Impostor Syndrome
- 16:00 - Getting Nitpicked on tutorials
- 17:55 - Scott's Teaching Philosophy
- 21:50 - Content for Beginners
- 23:00 - How Scott Picks Topics/Tech to Cover
- 25:30 - How Level Up Tutorials started
29:42 - Getting Kids to Code
- 36:00 - Scott's Learning Methods/Style
38:30 - Redux/Context API
- Scott's Redux Course
- 44:15 - Content Management Systems for the JS dev
50:00 - Scott talks about his hobbies. Breakdancing, Kung-Fu Movies, and video games
- 1:00:00 - Scott describes an awesome puzzle game called Baba is You
- 1:01:45 - Scott's origins as a Developer
- 1:07:00 - How would Scott break into the Tech Industry today?
- 1:13:32 - Scott Shamelessly Plugs Level Up Tutorials
- 1:16:27 - Nerd Minute! Scott weighs in on Game of Thrones and talks Mario Maker 2