Getting hired as a junior dev is tough. Companies don't want to place their bets on a developer with no formal experience when they're trying to iterate quickly and get things done.
However, you can do a lot as a junior developer to make yourself more attractive to hiring managers.
In this episode, Chad shares his experience as a Developer and Career Coach and tells us his tips for the job search.
- 1:20 - Advice for Career Changers
- 3:20 - Having an Abundance Mindset
5:40 - Networking and Meetups
- 8:40 - Advice for Introverts and Dealing with Social Anxiety
- 15:10 - Giving Lightning Talks
- 17:26 - Resume content
- 22:40 - Should you stylize your resume?
- 28:30 - Portfolio sites
- 34:25 - Negotiating Salary
- 47:00 - 'Do you have any questions for us?' The end of the interview
- 54:04 - Nerd Minute!
1:02:00 - Career Design Patterns